Saturday 27 July 2013

Pennies and Steamrollers


Breaking News:

Profits Chart





An article just discovered!

http://calvinayre.com/2013/07/19/business/12k-freeroll-bitcoin-betting-site-just-dice/


In chat today:

What's that you said, fractal??
11:27:58 (13767) <fractal> I SAID LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Does this mean you are going to be cremated soon, Big?
11:36:43 (9006) <BigBitz> OK gotta urn.

We've all been thinking it, but it took Banker to come out and say it!
14:14:31 (14141) <Banker> 15:13:05 (1) <dooglus> you don't want to end up taking photos of yourself with pencils in your @$$


A little Dust-up, anyone?
18:26:58 (23050) <jill> First they came for the jews and I said nothing, then they came for the gypsies but I stayed silent, then they came for the Dusters and I held my tongue....and then they came for me!


Many of us remember the days, pre J-D.
06:43:58 (1780) <J4ckpot> Back when I was on SD I had to wait a couple of hours sometimes to get response from 1 single bet..



Quote of the day:

13:22:48 (346) <!-- nim --> 98%ing your balance is like picking up pennies in front of a steamroller

Congrats nim, on quote of the day!


From the forums:

COMA WARNING! (sorry Rann)

Rannasha

This value can be easily updated in realtime by storing the sum (before taking the root) and adding (0.99 b)2 p (p - 1) to it each time a bet is made. Then to display the expected standard deviation, simply take the square root. From this you could calculate the z-value by dividing the difference between the current house profits and the expected house profits (= 1% of amount wagered) by this expected standard deviation. If JD results are a perfect normal distribution, then any z-value between -2 and 2 is within the 95% confidence interval.


Despite doog's attempt to quell  optimism, Otoh refuses succumb!
Otoh


One week after having started to back the house bankroll I am extremely happy with my share of the edge so far

It has been a good week.  Please don't be too surprised when we have losing weeks!

I've seen the Historical site profit graph so won't be surprised, I'm still relying on investor's fallacy to help me along though, that & astrology Wink


doog on drugs!
dooglus



Do you have a version that is less transparent?  I'm finding it hard to read.

No comments :

Post a Comment