Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Incredible Winning and Losing Streaks

We were talking about long losing streaks on the forum when f3tus wrote:

28 losses in a row with 49.5% odds is so rare that I am willing to bet it hasn't occurred a single time in the entire history of satoshidice and other gambling sites.

I replied, offering to take that bet, from him or anyone else.

The bet was taken by a few different people, including by dandiilion who bet around 49 BTC against me.

And then I got scared, and reached out to a few people around the net, trying to get a handle on my chances of winning.

One of them, Frank A. Martin, put together this one-page paper about the bet.  Please take a look:

Just Dice Streak Bet.pdf

I ended up winning the bet, but it turns out it was nowhere near as safe a bet as I originally thought!

4 comments :

  1. so don't think that a long streak will save you, maybe crossing your fingers, pray, tossing a coin, saying a special word, carrying a lucky charm, can work better for you. until doog proof the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete